This was some of us in the waiting room. (it had been a long drive! haha)

They made us get all suited up for the tour. However they didn't let me take pictures inside the factory! Sorry! But it was cool, take my word for it.

Then when we jumped back in the van and continued to Boise. When we got there we went to SYSCO. Which is a food supply company. The Church is it's largest customer, so we got the good treatment. They gave us tons of stuff and fed us and all kind of fun things.
We were the featured product! hahaha

goofy picture
We then went to dinner at a fairly expensive Basque Restaurant.
(Basque is a mediterranian culture)
(Basque is a mediterranian culture)
This is what we ate. It was family style so we all tried a little bit of everything. Starting from the left: Cod fish, leg of lamb, ink fish (or Squid), Scallops. Lets just say some of it was good and some of it wasn't.

The next day we went to Snake River Farms which is a division of AgriBeef (AB) foods. This was Chef Alan Turner who showed us how to cut up steaks out of a top Sirloin. It was awesome. The meat was Kobe beef from American Wagyu. It was so delicious!!

These were the beautiful steaks when they were cooked.
Then he cut them up and passed them around. I swear it is the best steak I have ever eaten!! It was divine! Melt in your mouth. I literally used a plastic butter nife to cut the steak! I mean of course it was good, this particular cut sells for like $40 a pound or something like that.


After this we got back into the 12 passenger van and headed back to Rexburg. It was a pretty fun trip, with lots of stuff to see, learn, and oh yeah.... eat!!



1 comment:
I think I want to go on a trip with you...what. fun!
Post a Comment