Saturday, September 17, 2011

Redoing my Bedroom

We are not allowed to paint the walls in our apartment. And everything is WHITE!! It has been driving me crazy. I have had this green comforter but have not found any fabric to either make curtains and pillows or buy them. But just the other day I found fabric and also a pretty poster that match the bedspread. So here is a picture of before. (This is a quilt I was using during the summer, cause it keeps cooler.)

And here is the finished product...
Got the fabric for the curtains for $1.50/yd at Walmart. Found the curtain rod for $16 at Home Goods. The poster for $7 at Hobby Lobby. The picture frame for $3 at a yard sale. The comforter for $50 at Kmart (2 years ago). I made the headboard 2 years ago for $40. I repainted my nightstand for $4. Total cost: Roughly $125. Pretty good I thought. I love it! If only I could paint the walls! I want to add a dark brown rug and a few more throw pillows but frankly I am tired of sewing and tired of spending money, so maybe another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love it!
~Katie