Sunday, September 27, 2009


Most of you may remember me looking like this. I am a brunette by nature and have always enjoyed being a brunette. But sometimes I like to try different shades of brown, like chocolate, dark, and sometimes I like to try light brown which usually makes my hair just orangey or something gross. So yesturday when I said to Kent that I wanted to dye my hair he said okay I have an idea....










Ok, don't freak out yet!! So of course he said I should go blonde and I agreed it would be fun. So I knew the first thing I had to do was bleach my hair. So here it is. Unfortunately I had to go to the RS general conference like this because I did not factor my time correctly. So I had some friends laugh at me and try to convince me it was cute. Of course this was before I told them it wasn't done yet. Then they said oh good cause that is nasty! haha


When I got home I pulled out the champagne blonde dye we bought and attempted to dye it. Well we made some progress but not a whole lot!





So back to the store we went! We went into Sallys Beauty Supply talked to the Manager there and she hooked me up with the good stuff. So here it is....



I love it! I kind of wish it was a little lighter but I think any lighter would look a little weird with my eyebrows and my skin color. But it is much lighter than I have ever had it, and I think it looks pretty natural.
So there is another hair adventure for Brooke, I wonder how long I can go without having nasty brown roots?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

the end result looks great!! brown chicken brown cow!
did brittany email you the picture of her with that caption?? if not it is hilarious!

i want to see that headboard you made!!

miss you!

Unknown said...

I love it Brooke! I hope you guys are doing well!

Natalie said...

Hey Brooke! Your hair looks beautiful! I love the lighter color. Have fun in the Burg this fall, I miss it!

Ale and Emily said...

You guys are hilarious. You should have left it bleached... ha ha. Very cute!

alma and nicole smith said...

haha you crazy girl. it looks pretty good. but i must say blondes do NOT have more fun. i can't do anything with my hair b/c i intend to donate it when i'm done having my fun...so i cut bangs to try to shake things up! you are cute no matter what you do. we sure miss you guys...come visit us in CO when you get sick of rexburg :)

Mary Susan said...

Love it! It looks so good!

Wade said...

So, I absolutely love your new hairdo. However I am a little offended by this exact phrase, "and sometimes I like to try light brown which usually makes my hair just orangey or something gross." Okay so my hair is orangey so does that mean it's like something gross?" Anyways, I guess we can still be friends... I guess if I dye my hair to something other than orangey. Lol... Love ya and miss ya! I hope we can see ya this weekend when we come to Rexburg. I'll give you a call on the details.
~ Katie

Howard Family said...

Brooke, it looks SOOO GOOD! I love it!!! We sure miss you! Love you!

Amanda and Chris said...

It looks super cute!! I love it! Ha I love that you went to the RS broadcast with bleached hair and that you tried to convince your friends you liked it! That's the best!

Morgan said...

Blondes have more fun!