Well we have been in Rexburg for a while now and things are starting to calm down. I am settling into my schedule of school and work and Kent got a job working for the local newspaper, so far he really likes it. He has been given lots of responsiblity and is eager to make the newspaper better (since that is basically his job: Making the newspaper sell better and more of it).
I thought you all might enjoy some pictures of our trip back.
Of course it would not be a trip unless something went wrong. We got into Tennesse and got a flat tire. Ran over a screw or something... dumb! So we took everything out of the trunk to get the doughnut, drove two miles to a repair shop, pulled everything back out to put the spare back in and then we were good to go!

We then stopped at Liberty Jail and Independance Missouri. Kent had never seen either places so it was fun for him. We wondered through the visitors centers there. It was a great experience because it really made us remember the sacrifices made by the saints in order that we today could have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to have that as my heritage.
This is a replica of the origional plates that Joseph Smith recieved and translated in New York.

The is a copy of a first edition Book of Mormon .

Here Kent is infront of the Liberty Jail visitors center.
This is a replica of the jail. It looks like a doll house but that is the real size. I cannot imagine being cooped up in there in the winter time especially!


Here is the Restored LDS' temple it is directly across the street from the Independance visitors center.

Then we drove through Kansas! Most of you know why this is signifcant .If you don't it is just because there is nothing for about 7 hours!!! But I got some good pictures!

Then we drove through Kansas! Most of you know why this is signifcant .If you don't it is just because there is nothing for about 7 hours!!! But I got some good pictures!
I bet you didn't know Kansas could be so beautiful!


Then we went to Utah! We met up with some friends! I got to see Katie and Wade, Mary Susan, and Rachel (who I didnt take pictures with) but we did get pictures with Emily and Alejandro.


Then we went to Utah! We met up with some friends! I got to see Katie and Wade, Mary Susan, and Rachel (who I didnt take pictures with) but we did get pictures with Emily and Alejandro.
We went to this "Mexican restaurant" where they gave me a $9 taco salad with chex mix and gold fish on it!!! What the crap is that!


Then next day was granpa Reese's 80th Birthday so we got to see all of the family! It was a fun day.


They bought a cake but it wasn't decorated so I did a little touch up, and I spelled Birthday right!!


I love my grandpa! What a good man. I am so grateful to have examples of men like him in my life.

Oh yeah and this was the huge trantrula we saw in Denas drive way!!! It was massive!


Oh yeah and this was the huge trantrula we saw in Denas drive way!!! It was massive!

So that was the trip as far as Utah. We continued to Parma and then on to Rexburg so I will update with those pictures soon! I just got to get some homework done before Kent gets up cause we are going up to the mountains today to take pictures. But I hope this wets your appitite and you get excited to see more pictures i.e. the cool headboard I made and that trashy racing stripe Kent put on a 1988 Subaru Justy! I know that got you all anxious and excited!! You will see them soon enough!
I love you all and miss you NC family! xoxoxo

4 comments:
So Logan is on your list right??? I love the updates. That tarantula is disgusting...and did you always have a problem spelling birthday? wierdo
Hey, looks like a fun time! I love the picture of you and Emily! POW! Haha. Have a wonderful semester, I miss the Gang! Make sure we are all remembered there in the good old Clarke building!
I am watering at the mouth to hear the rest of the story! Lol: No really, it is nice to read your update. Wade and I are going to be in Idaho next weekend... I want to see you guys, no excuses. Love you!
~Katie
Hey that was me! And my hub! I hope school is going good! I need to call ahhh!!! It's been too long! Miss you!
Post a Comment