
About two weeks ago Kent was driving to work when all of the sudden our transmittion went kapoop. NOT GOOD! He was able to get the car back home and then grabbed the truck and headed back to work. After long inspection and a trip to the autobody shop we discovered that our transmission needed to be replaced. They wanted to charge us over $4,000 to fix it! Well, lucky for me I married a man who loves to work on cars and loves to NOT spend money, and so I got to keep $3,500 and we went and bought a transmission. After a long weekend of work and help from wonderful people like our mechanic home teacher and a friend, the transmssion was in place. Lots of prayers were sent heaven-word thanking our Father that we did not have to pay all of that money and that everything worked properly.
A couple of days later... transmission not working right again! After Kent looked at it for a while and played around he figured out what part he was needing. He then realized that that same part was on his old transmission and was in perfectly good condition. However, he had traded his old transmission in, so that it was cheaper for the new one. Well he decided to call anyways and see if they still have it, they do! So he mentions the part he needs and the guy says he will go get it for him. Kent hangs up the phone and thinks, I better just go over there right now or they won't go get it until I do. So off he goes and when he gets there the guy brings out the part and Kent says, no thats not it, can I go out there with you? Sure. So they head out to the yard, find the transmission sitting in a car. As soon as they pull the transmission out, Kent turns back around to see the fork lift picking up the car and putting it in the crusher! Your kidding?! Then the guy turns to Kent and says, wow that was close! That guy never takes a lunch and today he did. If he wouldn't have, that car would have been crushed hours ago!!!! What a miracle. Kent got the part home, put it in the car, and the car is running great.
I know this may seem little, but this was a big stress to us and we were worried about it, and worried about how he was going to fix it, how much money we would have to spend, and all these other things. I know that even our smallest prayers are answered. And even though this may not seem like a huge thing, Heavenly Father knew how we felt. So I just wanted to share this moment as it was another huge testament to me that Heavenly Father knows and loves us personally!
3 comments:
Brooke, that is amazing!! How awesome.
Glad everything is ok and worked out for you guys. I too am thankful for the little things that the Lord blesses us with. Thanks for sharing!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!
Post a Comment