Saturday, August 21, 2010

On the road to Michigan

We are here in Michigan. We got here about 2 weeks ago. And, of course we traveled in style. Kent insisted that we could fit all of our belonging in the truck and car. So we sold all the furniture except the bed and we made it work. So we were off. But not without trial.


Unfortunately our dolly broke in Jackson Whole which is only about an hour and half from Rexburg. If any of you know the area you will know that we had just gone over a large mountain pass! We were so lucky it didn't happen there or we may have lost our car! We pulled into a parking lot once we got into Jackson because we weren't sure that the GPS was taking us the right way. We turned in and the car slid right into the back of the truck! SO we got out and found that the dolly tongue had snapped. Luckily we found a welder who just happened to be in his shop Saturday afternoon who aggreed to help fix it. We got out of Jackson about 10pm! But Kent insisted we had to get further than Jackson in one day.

Here is a picture of the whole in the bumper. It could have been so much worse! Count your blessings and Thank God! We truly were blessed

Case will explain the rest of the trip...


You get the idea right? But we finally made it after we endured a crazy storm in Iowa and a faulty car dolly. We are here safe and sound. And of course I missed the Michigan sign so I took this picture!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

You guys are so trailer trash!!! lol Let me just say that I can not stop laughing at Cases faces. He is too cute and soooo bored in that back seat!!

Ale and Emily said...

I am so sad that I could never make it up to Rexburg to see you and Case! I'm glad you made it safe and such a cute baby!

Kate Curtis said...

Brooke! Thank heavens your car thing didn't break over that mountain, you for sure would have lost your car. I am so excited for you. Out of Rexburg!! Where is Kent going again?

Mary Susan said...

I am so glad you (and your car)made it safely!