Sunday, November 7, 2010

So you may be wondering how the sleeping is going. Well maybe the weekend wasn't the best time to start and maybe the fact that Kent got hit by a car on his bike ride to school Friday didn't help much.(This is right after we got home from the hospital) ps: no broken bones or anything. Thank Goodness! Just some scratches and cuts on his face! If you want to know the story: Kent was riding his bike to school when a guy turned onto the road Kent was crossing and hit him. The guy got out of his car long enough to yell at Kent for denting and scraping up his car and to advise him to go see a doctor and then got in his car and took off. Kent was not thinking clearly enough yet to get his license number. So we filed a police report and basically this guy is going to be in huge trouble if he gets found because it was a hit and run! I can't believe there are people in the world like that! But thank goodness Kent is ok.
(This was taken today, Sunday)

Even with the set backs I think Case is making progress. Since Friday he has put himself to sleep every time I lay him down. Whether it is for a nap or bedtime. I rock him until he gets sleepy and then I lay him in his crib, he is always wide-eyed when I put him down and then I shut the door and he goes right to sleep! No crying or anything. The problem is when he wakes up. During the day he hasn't been so good at sleeping longer than an hour, but still acts tired if I get him out of bed. Last night though was wonderful!! We went out for the night and got home around 10:30 so I know that he was sleeping when we picked him up but I don't know how long or how well but when we got home I put him down and he slept from 11 to 7:30. That is right!! It was such a good night of sleep except for the fact that my milk was definitely in! I had to get up at 5 and pump. I pumped nearly 8 ounces and still was full. I am sure I could have done about 20. I am not kidding! So we will see how tonight goes! I hope well!! Thanks for the encouragement and tips!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that Kent is okay! That is super scary! My brother in law got mugged and beat up on a busy street and no one stopped to help. Some people are just heartless:( Good luck with the sleeping!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I am so glad your hubby is ok! I can't believe he was hit by a car and that the person LEFT! Also good to hear the baby is giving you some rest and sleeping better.

Julene said...

ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.

Mary Susan said...

What a jerk! I can't believe that person. I hope they find him. I am glad that Kent is ok though. That is one of my biggest fears of Tim riding his back to school. I force him to wear his helmet.

Unknown said...

Excuse my language... Holy CRAP! That is terrible, I would be so mad! Kent looks horrible(sorry Kent), but luckily he is okay! Wade got hit riding his bike when he was 14... He was hit by missionaries backing up their car... He seriously is the reason that missionaries have to back up their companions now... You and Wade have more and more in common every day.

Unknown said...

Wade doesn't buy your story... He knows your beating him Brooke! Kent don't isolate yourself, you need to get help.