Friday, November 5, 2010

Ferberizing

So I unfortunately have a terrible sleeper on my hand. I told myself that by 4 months he would be sleeping through the night. Well here we are 4 months and tada... he doesn't sleep well AT ALL. So here we go, time to ferberize the kid. Last night was the first night. And he did pretty good. He slept good up until 1 am and then he started getting up every two hours. I waited 5 minutes for him to cry before I went in to sooth him. After I walked in, patted his tummy and calmed him down then left and he went right back to sleep. So it was a pretty good first night. Well today he has been taking good naps. Putting himself to sleep. So I look forward to tonight to see how he's going be. I will keep you posted!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Yeah so excited that it wasnt as tramtic as you thought!! good luck and hopefully he will contine to be a good sleeping baby!!

alma and nicole smith said...

good luck! its never fun but TOTALLY worth it! don't give up :)

Ale and Emily said...

My sister had to do the same thing with her baby and it worked really fast! Good luck!

Mary Susan said...

Good luck! Ali is now 6 months, and she does really well most nights... however, there are still some really bad nights. It sure is tough teaching them how to sleep.

Steven and Kelsey said...

Hey!! I have not really heard of the ferberizing (just wiki'd it) but we use the 'on becoming babywise' book and it's worked wonders for us! The first day we tried the babywise schedule, she went from the every 2hr feeding at night to sleeping 7 hrs at 7 weeks and is up to 13hrs a night. It seems to have worked for everyone we told about it. But whatever you do we wish you so much luck!