Saturday, October 4, 2008

I love you like a fat kid loves cake!

This is my latest creation. This is the third cake I have made. I showed you the first one, the second was too imbarassing, and this one is somewhat sad too. It thikn it would have turned out a lot better but my icing was just a little too thin. However, I think the idea is pretty. My teacher said I was too hard on myself and that she really likes it. Of course she said that she's like a mom, has to make her children feel good. Anyways I guess my icing was so thin that the cake practically fell apart. You can see it if you look closely on the sides. They are starting to cave in. Good thing she graded it right after it was finished!

I made those roses myself, aren't they pretty. If you look around the edges there are little half roses there, they are cute too. I like them anyways!

If I could do it again.... i would not have put those white strands on the side of the cake, I think they are ugly. I also think the cake frosting is a little darker than I had planned. But I guess you learn what looks good and you move on and don't mess up again!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

You need to re-listen to President Utdorifs talk at the RS Brodcast. He said we need to not be so hard on ourselves and if we give our 100% it the best we can offer. That cake was beautiful and I could never do it.

Brittany said...

I forgot I LOVE your new face lift!! You put up my favorite picture.

The Hulbert Family said...

you pretty much did my wedding colors, except the bright white. Anyway I just wanted you to know that : )

Oh and I will be there Tue at 5:30. Oh but Thurs. I have a dinner at 6:30 so we will have to think of something different.

The Hulbert Family said...

the roses were great by the way. It think it looks great, I really think the only thing I would change is the white strand like you said. great job!

Mary Susan said...

You are pretty much AMAZING! I want to learn how to make roses.. Come spend a weekend with me and show me how it is done.