Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Teton Dam Marathon

On Saturday Kent finished his 3rd marathon! He made his best time yet and finished in 4 hours and 5 minutes. His goal was 4 hours exactly, so he was pretty close! Not that I really understand the point of marathons but it is an accomplishment to run those 26.2 miles. Here are some pictures of the day.
I took a picture of him, feeling good, before he left. (The race started at 6:30 AM) Kent had to be there art 5:30.

And this was what he looked like when it was over! (Feeling bad)
Here are some I took while he was running. This picture is at mile 20 and he is still going strong!
He trained and ran with his friend Caden. Here they are at about mile 16.
This is video of Kent running at mile 23!


Kent coming into the finish line.



How you feeling Kent?


Some pictures of after the race.
Umm... they think they are so tough! Me and Kellee (Caden's wife) could have ran that thing in half the time! Ummm, maybe not.
Of course being in a LDS community, everyone thinks it is so funny to say the word Dam, so everything was centered around the word! I just thought it was silly that the missionaries all wore Dam volunteer shirts.

2 comments:

Jim and Nicole said...

I saw Kent's name in the scroll this week! I was like Jim look it's kent!! haha

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

WOW!!! Brave men!!! *( and women, being there for support is hard!!)